Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MyGlam: Is it a Hit or Miss?

by Jess
     We have all heard of myglam from huge beauty guru, like Michelle Phan, but is it really good? If you have been living under a rock, and have not heard of it yet this is the website:http://www.myglam.com/  . Basically it's just like birchbox only it supposed to be for makeup only. I have been a member since February. Unfortuantly I missed the first month bag; the December bag; which happened to be amazing:
                                                           December: Holiday
In it was:a mini size of tarte mascara, NYX lipcream, MAI couture blush or blotting paper ( some people got both ), a full size of urban decay eye shadow in sin, and a travel size of urban decay primer potion.In my opinion this bag was amazing. But, this is expected from the first month.  But I tried all of these product, and love them.

The January Bag: Refresh
As my first glambag I fell in love. It was a go-green theme, I believe. All the products were natural or organic. The products: 
A freeman mask: i love this and use it every week
Wen Conditioner: I hated this and it was a really small size
Hot ticket nail Polish: Some got a balm eye shadow instead.Lets just say that i would have preferred that.
Sheer cover concealer Duo: I love this so much. It is one of my favorites. All in all I really liked this bag. Some things were a hit others a miss. Deffinitley worth my ten dollars.

February: The Love Bag
I'm not loving the Valentine's bag. How do I put it: it sucked.
NYX Glitter: What do i do with this? No one needs this
Chocolate: ??
Sample size of Dead Sea moisturizer: I gave this one to my mom because it was recommend to prevent wrinkles. But it was so small that it would not do anything.
Freeman One-time use mark: Last month I got a whole bottle of this brand. 
Shine Control: This does nothing.
NUME $100 GIFTCARD: I really do like nume. But this does nothing. A nume straighteners from nume is $160; at marshals it is $35. Why bother?

March: Spring Cleaning

This bag was okay, "eh". 
MyGlam brush: I love this brush. Perfect for your crease and so soft. At first it smelt weird (probably plastic).
Purlisse chap-stick: Lets just say E.O.S is better and cheaper
Purlisse Moisturizer: Based on the sample they gave me I could not tell.
Murad Eye Corrector: this was nice, like a primer for concealer.
Kera-Color: This is still sitting in my draw. I never used it because I do not color my hair.
$50 Dermastore gift card: Never used it because I do not want to spend $25 first.

So My glam or birch box? Although I really only liked one of my bags so far, I will continue to pay for it. 

What do you think? Do you think my glam is a Hit or a Miss?


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment